Who we are
Priska Kaspar Jayme
Priska Kaspar Jayme grew up in Thun Switzerland and spent her childhood years surrounded by flowers. She always loved crafting things and helping her parents with little bouquets and arrangements for the farmers market and store.
In Summer of 1993 she started her apprenticeship as a floral designer in Steffisburg where she worked for Blumen Gerber.
After spending some time abroad she returned to Switzerland in 1997 and worked at the family business for a couple of years when the opportunity arrised to work in a large floral shop in San Francisco where she stayed for 1.5 years before getting back to the family business in Switzerland.
In 2002 she married and moved back to the US. There she worked as a floral designer and then as the lead floral design and project manager at Sillapere events and environments. In 2008 she opened her own event design studio, Atelier Joya LLC, together with Lisa Boone. The two worked tirelessly on hundreds of large scale indoor and outdoor events. Priska and Lisa worked with some of the best event planners, photographers and caterers in the US including Alison Events, Shannon Leahy Events, Elizabeth Messina Photography, Paula Le Duc Catering, Jose Villa Photography, and many more. Priska and Lisa's work was also featured in many magazines throughout the years including Martha Stewart, Ceremony, Brides, etc. Continue reading below for full details.
Priska left Atelier Joya in 2015 and moved back to Switzerland with her family where she now owns Blumen Kaspar together with her sister Andrea.
Also, please visit this blog where Priska and Lisa were interviewed for a blog post.
Priska's Professional Portfolio Summary
- 1992-1993 Ecole de commerce La Neuveville, business school in French in La Neuveville Switzerland
- 1993 apprenticeship as a floral designer at Blumen Gerber, Steffisburg. Finished school at top of class
- 1996-1997 year abroad working as an Au-Pair in Chicago USA. English as a second language school completed
- 1997-1999 employed at Blumen Kaspar in Thun, Switzerland
- 1999-2000 year abroad as an intern at Ah Sam Florist, one of the largest floral shops in the San Francisco Bay Area with over 100 employees
- 2000-2002 employed at Blumen Kaspar in Thun, Switzerland
- 2002-2004 employed at Ah Sam Florist, San Mateo, USA
- 2004-2008 employed at Sillapere Events as the lead floral designer and project manager, San Francisco, CA
- 2007 graduates from Soghetsu Ikebana school at Soho Sakai’s school as 'Teacher' status in San Francisco after studying the art of Japanese floral design for four years
- 2008-2009 employed as a freelance floral designer at more than 10 large event design companies
- 2008-2015 Creates Atelier Joya LLC, an Event Design Company based in San Francisco, CA
- 2015 Moves back to Switzerland, takes ownership Blumen Kaspar AG